Mental Health & Pelvic Floor PT
5 reasons why Mental Health Therapy (group or individual) is a great complement to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy:
- You can tell your story to someone(s) who will listen…REALLY listen
- No one will think your pain/symptoms are all in your head
- No one will roll their eyes when you talk about your level of pain or new symptom
- You don’t have to censor yourself; it’s perfectly acceptable to say words like “vagina” and “rectum” and talk about all the different symptoms people have that led to a diagnosis of “interstitial cystitis” or “vulvodynia”.
- You will find a group of people that are “all in the same boat” & you may never feel lonely again!